|About Great Eastern Music...
Great Eastern Music was founded in 1968 as
a BMI-affiliated music publisher by
Record Producer/Songwriter John Boylan. Originally set up to publish Boylan's own songs,
the company has changed over the years, evolving into a unique organization within the
The current focus of Great Eastern is concentrated on four areas of the industry:
1. To find, develop, and nurture young songwriters, producers, artists, and musicians,
and to help them get started in the business.
2. To help established artists who are also self-publishing songwriters to gain
exposure for their catalogs without having to give up their copyrights to a major
3. To administer selected catalogs of established songwriters.
4. To help educate up-and-coming record producers.
By keeping the scope of the company at a reasonable size, Great Eastern has managed to
maintain a high level of success without compromising its personal approach. At the
present time, the company is involved in the following four projects:
1. New Artists - we are pleased to announce our affiliation with noted Swiss alphorn artist, Eliana Burki.
2. Established Writers - we are continuing our successful non-exclusive arrangements
with various established songwriters.
3. Catalog Administration - we are continuing to represent John Boylan's catalog, and we're in negotiations with one other major catalog.
4. Education - John Boylan has signed on as Adjunct Professor of Recording Arts and Music at Citrus College in Glendora, CA. He will teach his Master Class in songwriting in the Spring and Fall of 2014, as well as two courses in the Recording Arts Department. He will also continue as a frequent guest lecturer at Loyola Marymount University and at UCLA EXtension in Los Angeles.
Throughout 2014, we will be continuing these projects, and starting a few
selected new ones. Keep visiting us on the Web from time to time to find out what's coming